Software/App Name: qBittorrent
Category: File Sharing
Setup Size: 26.31 MB for Windows & 17.89 MB for Mac
OS: Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 8, Windows 98, Windows Vista, Windows 10, Windows 2000, Windows 7 & Mac OS X 10.12 High Sierra or later
Have you heard of BitTorrent? It’s a peer-to-peer (P2P) network that allows you to share files with others, and various desktop programmes make it easy to use. qBittorrent is a fun alternative to the well-known torrent protocol. An application that gives users who need to download torrents a variety of fascinating possibilities.
One of the most popular open-source torrent clients for downloading and uploading files is qBittorrent. Christopher Dumez is the creator of this torrent software. This application is effectively a BitTorrent client written in the C++ programming language, with various cross-platform functionalities. If you’re looking for a torrent download client, qBittorrent is a fantastic option.
qBittorrent for Windows PC and Mac OS
qBittorrent for Windows PC is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing program similar to uTorrent. It has a search engine that may be expanded and is effectively integrated into the software. For a variety of various types of files and multimedia, you can do simultaneous searches as well as category-specific search requests.
Qt4 and Web user interfaces are included in qBittorrent for Windows PC, allowing for distant content download searches. All BitTorrent extensions, such as DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, and Magnet/Bitcomet URIs, are supported by qBittorent.
The interface of qBittorrent for Mac OS is clean and straightforward. It’s simple to use, and the features aren’t overpowering. The user-friendly interface makes it simple to download songs, movies, and other media.
You can download multiple files at once with qBittorrent for Mac OS. However, when using this function, you must consider the bandwidth of your internet connection. When there are too many files in the list, the download time can take longer.
Features and Highlights
Success has always been determined by more than just one or two features in the case of qBittorrent. Because it performs practically everything correctly, it is one of the most popular client torrents available.
- Torrent-like User Interface that has been polished
- Search Engine that is well-integrated and extensible
- Simultaneous search across the most popular BitTorrent search engines
- Requests for search results by category (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- Bittorrent extensions in general
- Magnet/BitComet URIs, DHT, Peer Exchange, Full Encryption
- Web-based user interface for remote control.
- Advanced control over trackers, peers, and torrents, nearly identical to the conventional UI, all in Ajax
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support Torrent queueing and prioritisation Torrent content selection and prioritisation
- It’s available in 25 different languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Support for advanced RSS feeds with download filters (inc. regex)
- IP Filtering with a Bandwidth Scheduler (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- Sequential downloading that is IPv6 compliant (aka “Download in order”)
- Most platforms are supported: Linux, macOS, Windows, OS/2, and FreeBSD are all examples of operating systems.
Thankfully, you can get qBittorrent for free and avoid dealing with adverts. Furthermore, the application has various features such as simple installation, basic configuration settings, integrated libraries, and a range of other tools such as Qt toolkit, Boost, and others.