Software/App Name: Dr. Java
Setup Size: 18.39 MB for Windows & 11.56 MB for Mac
OS: Windows 10, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 & Mac OS X.
Java is one of the most used programming languages today. It stands out among other programming languages because of its ability to construct programs that function across many operating systems and embedded devices.
DrJava is a Java development environment that is simple to use. It’s mainly aimed at students with an easy-to-use interface and the ability to assess Java code interactively. It also has additional functionality for more experienced users. The JavaPLT group at Rice University is actively developing the software offered for free under the BSD License.
DrJava for Windows PC and Mac OS
DrJava for Windows PC is a user-friendly programming environment that may help students create their own Java programs.
While its primary goal is to assist newcomers in focusing on the creative process rather than understanding how the program works, it also includes a set of advanced capabilities to fulfill the needs of more experienced users.
DrJava for Mac Os’s user interface is simple and intuitive, giving users quick access to all accessible capabilities. The source code editor allows users to interactively develop, test, and debug programs.
Syntax coloring and brace matching, automated indentation, comment insertion, line numbering, syntax highlighting, auto-completion, and clipboard history support are all included in the application.
Features and Highlights
- The source code editor allows you to develop, test, and debug programs interactively. It has automated indentation, comment insertion, line numbering, syntax highlighting, auto-completion, and clipboard history support, as well as syntax coloring and brace matching.
All of these features are intended to make your work easier, such as understanding the document structure and identifying problems.
- DrJava allows you to work on numerous documents at the same time and transition between them rapidly. Advanced search and navigation tools, as well as a bookmark manager, are included.
- The program may run a document as an applet and comes with a user interaction management feature that allows you to view classpaths and display current interactions with definitions.
Once your projects are completed, you may test them and create the output using the Eclipse compiler.
- Other features of this application include regular expression support, notifications, remote control, and a source-level debugger. It also includes support for the JUnit framework, which allows you to conduct unit tests.
- You can modify the theme, the design of the toolbar buttons, the colors, and the position of the windows in the interface.
Overall, download DrJava as it is a small Java IDE that doesn’t take up a lot of space. It provides a simple environment for learning beginning programming by combining powerful development tools with ease of use.