For enthusiasts and amateurs, expressing their ideas for both UI and UX design and expressing vision to the designer became a nightmare.
Designing was once thought to be an artistic profession. Adobe was a huge undertaking to learn and execute. As a result, even someone with no artistic training had to put in a lot of time and effort to create something unique.
A few large corporations could only afford designers. Hiring graphic designers was still a pipe dream for many small firms. Now, fast forward to today, and the scene is tumultuous. Canva, Figma, Sketch, among other apps, make it easy to design on the fly!
It’s no longer a dream. Templates, presentations, infographics, social media posts, website designs, flyers, posters, videos, invitation cards, brochures, resumes, business cards, and banners may all be created by anyone.
It’s difficult to find photo editing software that’s easy to use. Despite being one of the most popular photos altering systems, Photoshop is not user-friendly. There is, however, some software that is appropriate for beginners. Canva and Figma are two of them. Both are user-friendly and simple to use without requiring extensive training.
So, let’s compare these two popular apps in a brief Canva vs Figma comparison, which will explain why you should use them and when you should avoid them.
Canva is a fantastic online graphic creation tool with a user-friendly interface. It also comes with a number of templates to help consumers with their graphic design needs.
The software provides a quick and easy way to create graphics that cannot be overstated. Apart from that, the software is a lifesaver for anyone unfamiliar with photo editing.
The registration process for Canvas is the same as it is for any other piece of software. You only need to sign up and then follow the instructions. The software will guide you through the process of choosing the right graphic type for your project.
Users can also select from several suggested template images by the software. Canva is ideal for large and small businesses because graphic designers’ time is often restricted.
- Templates. Color Overlays.
- Images that are available for free.
- The ability to update previously approved documents for programs by duplicating them.
- A huge amount of design elements to pick from and ease of use.
- As a high-resolution PNG image, please download it.
- You can instantly upload to Facebook and save all previous revisions even if your package changes.
- You can easily make a graphic with the least amount of work.
- Ability to quickly develop visual content without wasting a lot of time.
For both UI and UX design, Figma is a free digital design and prototype tool. Its main purpose is to create websites, apps, and other user interface components that may be integrated into other projects. Figma is a vector-based tool with cloud storage, similar to other multimedia tools like Adobe XD and Sketch.
What sets Figma apart is its ability to support real-time group communication. Images can be passed back and forth between creators until they find something that works.
This also makes it simple to exchange designs, allowing for critical feedback and input. Files can be viewed by multiple persons at the same time, even across platforms. Figma is compatible with Linux, Mac, Chrome, and Windows.
- It’s simple to use.
- It’s lightweight and quick.
- Collaboration, as well as presenting design details with public links, is a game-changer.
- Auto-layouts and design system management.
- To a better organization, management, and permissions, allow for the development of teams.
- The process of prototyping and delivering is straightforward.
Ultimate Canva vs Figma Comparison
Aside from photo editing, reliability, comfort, easy video editing, and an interactive user experience, each of the two programs demonstrate its usefulness in different ways.
While the fundamentals are nearly identical across all software products, they are noticeably different when compared using a few real-world usage characteristics.
|Ease of Use||– To ensure that you obtain the finest results, Canva includes a library of different backgrounds, themes, photos, fonts, and stickers. You don’t need to be a techie to take advantage of these features.|
– These tools allow you to build an engaging design in only a few clicks. All you need is a little creativity.
– Keyboard shortcuts for Figma. Power users will find this extremely useful. The keyboard shortcuts are also gamified, so they light up blue if you’ve used them before.
– Figma is accessible from any computer with a web browser. Figma may be utilized on Macs, Windows PCs, Linux devices, and even Chromebooks.
|Interactive Features||– Users of the Canva for Windows PC service can generate graphics and attractive text for use in normal A4 documents, presentations, blog graphics, Facebook covers, social media, business cards, photo collages, invitations, posters, flyers, and any other size required.|| |
– Figma is a tool that helps you turn your ideas into things. It optimizes the process by providing a single, free web-based design tool that is optimized for collaboration.
– This graphic design tool, which can help with both UX and UI, lets the entire team see and interact with the latest designs via a single live URL.
|User Interface|| – The program’s best feature is its simplicity. The UI is well-organized. You just need to tell the program what you’re attempting to create, and the design tool will provide you with a variety of layout alternatives and templates.|
– You can quickly access a specific template to begin working on their projects with just a single click.
– Figma on Windows is simple to use regardless of the user’s level of experience. Its user-friendly interface can get even the most inexperienced users up and running in minutes.
– Newer designers often struggle to fulfill their creative visions, depending on expensive software or substantial experience to get their concepts off the ground.
|Software Pricing|| – There is a free trial version available to everyone, as well as Canva Pro, a subscription option for individuals that use Canva for work –or for professional projects– and requires more graphic capability.|
– Canva Pro costs $119.99 per year or $12.99 per month for up to 5 individuals. On a yearly plan, any extra team member costs $60.00 ($5.00/month) or $7.00/month on a monthly plan.
– Yes, Figma has two free versions: the Starter plan and the Education plan. The monthly cost of Figma starts at $12 per user.
– Starter Group: It’s a free trial that lasts for 30 days. It is only accessible to two editors.
– Professional: The cost is $12 per editor per month if paid annually, and $15 per editor per month if paid monthly. Users can be added to any number.
Picking Between Figma vs Canva
Canva is simple to fall in love with if you require attractive images, but graphic design sounds like a foreign language. Figma, on the other hand, is best suited to designers who want to add a personal touch to their work.
While we now have a clear picture of how these two incredible graphic design programs compare in terms of real-world usability, here’s a short 1:1 comparison of the software with problems noted.
Canva vs Figma
- Canva isn’t intended for expert graphic designers. Only a few free templates are available.
- You might want to utilize an image, font, or template from the Canva collection, but you’ll have to pay for it.
- Canva does not allow you to move a design element from one design to another. You’d have to do it manually if you wanted to match the style.
- Because Figma is cloud-based, it is unable to work if a system is not connected to the internet.
- Because Figma’s module lacks global colors, customizing a file becomes more complex.
- Figma will not run on a PC with less than 4GB of RAM and a high-quality graphics card.
When is Canva vs Figma Beneficial?
Figma and Canva are both wonderful tools with a lot of free content. Whether you need a graphic design tool or a wireframing platform (or something in between), you’ll find it here.
They’re both “freemium” software, which means that the basic utility is free, but you may upgrade to get a greater variety of features for a fee. The advantages of the two are detailed below.
Canva: Canva is one of the best tools for creating, whether for your blog, enterprise, or business. Canva makes it simple to create everything from blog entries, flyers, and stories to resumes, magazine covers, banners, logos, and presentations. Students can use Canva to create different types of projects.
Canva is the clear winner in terms of ease of use if you’re new to design. It’s really intuitive — if you have a basic understanding of tools like Microsoft Paint, you’ll probably find Canva simple to use right away.
Figma: Figma is a cloud-based and on-premise system that allows organizations of all kinds to develop customized web designs and share prototypes with team members through collaboration, activity logs, analytics/reporting, and other features.
Figma can be used on any computer that has a web browser. Figma may be utilized on Macs, Windows PCs, Linux devices, and even Chromebooks. Figma files may still be shared, read, and updated in businesses with hardware running several operating systems, as it is the only design tool of its kind that achieves this.
The Best Graphic Design Software: Verdict
So, which is the best option? The answer would be, “It depends on what you’re designing.” Figma is better for UX design and wireframing, whereas Canva is better for quick, simple marketing assets.
Canva and Figma each have their own set of features as well as benefits and drawbacks. The two cannot be compared in every way because the former is photo editing software and the latter is design software. However, you must study the criteria and determine which tool best meets the requirements.
Figma may be a safer pick for you if you’re developing graphic design elements but have greater familiarity with UI/UX tools.
You’ll probably get along better using Canva if you’re more familiar with more standard graphic design tools. Canva is unquestionably more beginner-friendly if you’re completely new to design of any kind.
Figma is mainly used for generating digital interfaces, such as websites and apps, as well as wireframes and user flows. In short, Figma focuses on user interface and user experience design. Whereas Canva focuses on “traditional” marketing graphic design, allowing users to easily create print and digital assets such as social media graphics, posters, video thumbnails, and more.
Canva is an online design tool that is both strong and inexpensive. Canva’s most significant feature – making design simple – is the work of UI and UX designers. Whether it’s reducing default features or making interfaces more human-like, democratizing design is at the heart of it.